Monday, May 28, 2012

5251985

For the last 6 or 7 years or so I've been continuing to complain about how the quality of my birthdays have gone downhill a little bit more each year. Finally after a long drought I can say this weekend was one for the books.
Thursday night I played FIFA with my bestie into the wee hours of the night. Winning 3/5 matches to take the championship for the evening. If you know me even slightly, you would realize this is pretty much all I need to be content in life.
Friday I worked all day at a dope ass job, where they gave me cupcakes and yummy snacks and pretended the mistakes I made weren't as important as they might have been. Afterwards I met some homies at Kaldera for drinks and foods, all paid for, and continued to get a little bit lotta bit shwasty at the local watering hole with some more friends and a lovely barista gal that seems to enjoy my company as much as I do hers.
Saturday started out a little slow, as it seems that drinking alcoholic beverages in excessive amounts can dehydrate your body a little bit overnight, and cause headaches and muscle cramps for hours to come. But once that was conquered (I dunno, I still might be a smidge hungover) I was whisked away to Eddyville to enjoy a couple hours of the greatest redneck fun one can have, drag races. This was a first time for me, but I can honestly say it will not be the last. When you see souped up Chevy Cavaliers lining up against Mustangs and Chargers and other such muscle car names and sometimes win, you know you're in a cool place where the only thing that matters is how big your dick is and how fast your car goes. The rest of the evening was spent trying not to be hungover and burnt to a crisp, but ended nicely with some classic beer pong and flip cup with another fellow end of May birthday haver and a small gathering.
The prize for best day of birthday weekend ever goes to Sunday though, as Aaron and I went to a hip hop festival in Shakopee Minnesota called Soundset. You might have heard of such rappers as Big K.R.I.T., DJ Premier, Kendrick Lamar, P.O.S. Brother Ali, Aesop Rock, Ghostface Killa, Raekwon, and Lupe Fiasco. I got to see them all perform to about 10,000 people under squalid conditions in about 950 degree heat. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Atmosphere headline the show, as right when Lupe was rounding out his set, the tornado warning sirens sounded and an armada of storm clouds rolled in with 60 mph gusts of wind and stinging rain that would have been relieving were it not for its intensity in nature. The drive home was spent reliving every dope song and moment of Soundset while a gentle lightning storm on the horizon played the trek home's sound and visual track.
Today will hopefully keep the birthday victory lap stride going as we are planning to tube down the river in about an hour or so, and hopefully fireworks and FIFA will finish out a 5 day marathon of celebrating me.
To whomever was part of any or all of this weekend, thank you a million for being my friend family and spending your time to be with me. Its all love.
Til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment