Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dealin'

I got one foot in the grave one foot in the gutter
One foot on the camera lens one foot on the shutter
I'm trying to stop time so I can breathe, man I'm grindin
Play record low pause fast forward rewindin
The truth is the light, but absolutely blindin
And n***** feel the pain on they brain when you remind them.

-Jay Electronica


Every time I listen to Jay Electronica Jay ElecHannukah Jay ElecYarmulke Jay ElecRamadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah I hear new lyrics that are not only mind blowing but relevant and forward thinking. I'm gonna make an honest effort to post them whenever a new one hits me in the face. If every person, let alone rapper had the mindset that his rhymes represent, this world would be a lot better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment