Thursday, December 9, 2010

Product of Society

There's something about waking up to single digit temperatures at 4:30 in the morning to serve stingy old people breakfast for 8 hours a day that reminds me of the word grind. Why is winter such a nasty matron for us poor, honest, hard-working Midwestern folk? So far my biggest regret this winter has been shaving my fuzzy man beard when December rolled around, and not having that extra protection from the elements on my smooth as a baby's ass face. Meaning my face is smooth as a baby's ass, not that I have a baby ass face.
The only thing that seems to warm me up, besides starting my car 3 hours ahead of whenever I need to leave, is my favorite Rhymesayer brother from up north, and best rapper alive, P. to the O.S. (Fuck Jay Z) His music is ripe with grind and down to earth problems simpletons like myself relate to on an every day basis.
I know I've posted his videos many times before, but there's something about these songs that somehow seem to light a fire under my ass when all I really want to do is bury myself in a mountain of blankets, drink butterscotch schnapps and hot chocolate and watch Home Alone all day.
Hopefully these songs masterpieces can motivate us to escape the safety of our foxholes we call our beds and face the battles we call our lives. Strength and honor my comrades.


No comments:

Post a Comment