Sunday, February 21, 2010

This month has been one of the most fantastic months since I moved out here, minus the summer obviously. The winter out here, at least temperature wise, is mild to say the least, but has been abnormal as far as snow fall goes. In the the last two weeks alone we've gotten enough snow to stand on top of and be able to head butt Yao Ming, which is great for me because it reminds me so much of my dearly beloved mother land, and its great for Winston cus the little shit just loves snow, especially if it is well over his head, and its also been great for maximum school and work cancellations. Snow days never get old, even if you are.
Weekends have also been pretty sweet, as Matthias and I have been crushing Saturdays with productive non-productivity. We average about 3 to 4 movie viewings a day, some old, some new, but all of which have given me something to think about either philosophically, politically, or spiritually. We have been pretty hard pressed to find a movie that hasn't made me feel some kind of way about how I should be approaching life. Its definitely been a pleasure ravaging through our "must see" movie lists together.
It will be a sad day when the Conshy Crushers have to part ways at the end of March, especially with the absolute roller coaster of a year I've had here. For better or for worse though, I finally pinned down a place to lay my head come April, in south Philly. It will be the first time I've lived in an actual city, which is pretty exciting, but I'll have to get used to the lack of green grass and clean streets, row home living, and the prospect of potential danger if I'm not on top of my game all the time. That's not to say the neighborhood I'm moving to is super dangerous, or even south Philly for that matter, but I have definitely spied some shady sheisters around when I've visited. Hopefully Winston recognizes the atmosphere change and steps up his maturity as well.
So with that stress finally covered, I am finally obligated to start thinking about the near future of what's next. Come mid-June I have to decided whats on the agenda next. Do I stay in Philly? Do I on the east coast? Do I move back to the midwest? Sheeyit, I dunno. We'll see where the money and the wind takes me. Until then though, this will be home.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment