Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sly Fox

Every once in awhile I will remember where I came from politically and mildly get myself realigned with my days of old when the only thoughts I ever had were political. Today on the drive home from work "Sly Fox" by Nas came up on my shuffle and really jumpstarted that turnaround. It's very hard for me not to see directly what Nasir talks about in a lot of his lyrics about inequality being as I work in a predominantly "minority" neighborhood with almost no white kids in my school. This is obviously not the official music video for the song, but I liked the images for this one better then the actual version, so you get this. I would suggest google searching the lyrics to this song as well, they are insightful and inspiring, and mostly just true.


I pledge allegiance to the fair and balanced truth.
Not the biased truth
Not the liar's truth
But the highest truth
I will not be deceived
Nor will I believe
In the propaganda
I will not fall for the okey-doke
I am tuned-in

No comments:

Post a Comment