Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Supernova goes pop


Sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm just prepping the world for my extraordinary cataclysmic explosion of an exit from this existence. All this time was maybe just a grand setup for the most memorable exit to date. The Prestige, as magicians like to call it. I'd like to think that I'm not going to fizzle out like a dying camp fire, just fading in and fading out of existence without much acknowledgment. I want people to say that I shined brighter then all the other stars, and went out like a supernova that no one will ever be able to forget. Sometimes I think the only way that's possible is by putting all your eggs in one basket, pushing your chips all in, and doing it as big as you possibly can, and calling it quits after that. They say the good die young, which maybe isn't true necessarily, but I think they are more inclined to leave a lasting impression if they do.

Or maybe its 1:47 in the morning, and my nose has been plugged for 2 days straight so I can't breath well when I lay down, making it virtually impossible to fall asleep, or construct rational thoughts for that matter. Maybe I've been watching way too many space documentaries. Maybe I'm just being dramatic and need to go back to bed.

Or maybe, just maybe, you'll look up in the stars one clear, crisp evening, and catch a glimpse of the most magnificent fireworks display your eyes will ever encounter. Something so gorgeous and breath taking that it permanently tattoos itself into your retina and memory like an image does to photograph paper when the shutter is opened.

Or maybe tomorrow is gonna be miserable from this lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment