Sunday, September 27, 2009

100th post

I guess that means I gotta post about something meaningful and worth your while. Its been too long since the last one.
Life on the east coast has become pretty awesome. I'm about 4 weeks deep into City Year, closing out basic training, and about to learn about my final permanent team and what school I will be placed in for the rest of the year. I'm pretty damn excited, but super nervous at the same time. My last team is seriously the rulage. I have really started to get to know a ton of cool ass people on the team and will be sad that I won't see them all day every day. But at the same time I will definitely be happy to be out of ear shot from this one girl on the team that never stops talking and interrupts people and constantly puts herself into conversations that she's not involved in. Imagine the sound combination of nails on a chalkboard, an alley cat dying and Lloyd Christmas making the most annoying sound in the world, and maybe, just maybe you might be able to understand what her voice sounds like. That being said, City Year has become my home away from home and am very much excited for the next 9 months of my life to serve Philadelphia and interact with the youth.
Unfortunately as much as I love what I do, it has become a major drain on my emotional and physical energy that I am away from my house and dog and personal time for up to 12 hours some days. To be downtown by 8:15 I have to hit a train by 7:15, and don't get done working until 6, which means not getting home until 6:45. By that time my dog has become so desperate for attention and desperately needing to kill some energy. Unfortunately for him I am so exhausted for having to get up early and working all day that I can't devote much time to running around with him. It's a situation that constantly weighs on my mind, but for now its just gonna have to do. He takes it like a G though.
After walking him and finally getting situated to make dinner its usually around 7:30, and probably around 8 by the time I'm eating and finally allowed to sit down and relax for about 3 hours before its time to go back to bed and restart the whole thing over again. It's awesome that I love my job, but it is seriously killing me softly on the inside (L Boogie what up)
For now though, until I get a real job, this will have to do, and I mean complaining aside, its doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment