Wednesday, September 16, 2009

worst night ever

I can't believe I almost forgot to post this, but last I had absolutely the worst nightmare ever last night. It started out by having to relive the entire day of Taylor's funeral, which was absolutely the saddest day of my life. But it only steadily got worse as the days progressed and each one of my friends from that group was dying daily. So every day there was a new funeral for someone whom I have admittedly fallen out of touch with since high school, for like 2 full weeks. Naturally in my dream I was a mess. Just absolutely bawling my eyes out to the point where I was physically exhausted to even breath. When I finally woke up it was around 5 in the morning, about an hour before I have to start my day. I checked my pillow to see how soaked it was and was surprised to see that the only evidence of my being there was a small drool spot, but no tears. It's a wonder that I could be crying so hard in my dream but there was no physical manifestations of my sadness. Suffice it to say I was pretty shook up and had to walk around the house for a little bit to gather myself before dozing off for a paltry 45 minutes. But shit, what a horrible way to begin a day. Fortunately it shocked me into realizing that despite our differences and varying paths traveled, I need to get back into touch with some people that I promised I would stay in touch with since Taylor passed. Its been over a year and a half and those scars are as fresh as the day he died. I miss you so much man, and think about you every day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment