Saturday, November 28, 2009

The thin red line


I've never seen a war movie where I actually looked forward to the parts where there was no fighting until I watched The Thin Red Line today. Don't get me wrong, the battles were intense and realistic, and brutal and things of that nature, but the monologues, spliced with incredibly vibrant scenery and unique images were what made the movie so unforgettable. One of the monologues was sampled for this Explosions song, which happens to be one of my favorites. Sometimes life just understands me. This one was of those moments.

"This great evil. Where does it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doin' this? Who's killin' us? Robbing us of life and light. Mockin' us with the sight of what we might've known. Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too? Have you passed through this night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment