Sunday, November 1, 2009

weekend roundup

Sorry for the hiatus folks, but its been an extremely busy, extremely stressful and all around shitty week. My school situation has majorly worsened, my city year situation has pretty much hit rock bottom, and halloween was a bore. I pretty much gave up on p.o.s.v.o.t.d. cus most of his videos were getting too hard to find, and lets be honest, I'm probably the only one that is actually watching them. If you really want them, hit up youtube yourself.
Iowa football has legitimately taken at least 10 years of my life this year alone, probably 5 those years lots yesterday. 9-0 never felt so awesome and horrible ever. Chiefs football looks good today.
Musically speaking last week was flush with good. Lil Wayne released his mixtape No Ceilings which has proven to bring him back to old mixtape weezy form. His verses for swag surfin and d.o.a. are among the best I've heard from him in a long time. Upon being left out of MTV's top 10 hottest mc's Lupe Fiasco has been dropping freestyle after freestyle of some of the illest, most intelligent lines I've heard in hip hop. Find the song "Say Something" and look up the lyrics and you won't be disappointed. Wale's album debut Attention Deficit has proved to be a mild let down for me. His mixtapes have always been fire, his lyricism amongst the top in the game, but he has chosen to dumb it down for the album, and left his punchline delivery mostly at home. Its a well rounded album about decent topics, but I usually like Wale for his braggadocio "I'm the best" lyrics, not his concepts. A delightful surprise that has been filling Wale's void has been Skyzoo, with his latest release The Salvation. His lyrics are also pretty solid, but there's something about his voice and smooth Brooklyn flow that really does it for me. If you haven't already, you should definitely be checking him out, be it this album or his other drop with the producer 9th Wonder titled Cloud 9: The Three Day High, that they created in 3 days.
Outside of this I'm still bumping P.O.S pretty hard, and really starting to proliferate my Brother Ali jams, in anticipation of his show at the Church this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment