Thursday, June 25, 2009

distant relatives

When I think of reggae, and I'm pretty sure this is true for 90 percent of the world, Bob Marley is just about the only thing that comes to mind, besides ganja of course. And when I think of hip hop, at its purest, and maybe most revolutionary form, I think of Nas. Put those two together and I imagine basically the greatest collaboration of all time. Unfortunately that won't happen as Bob has been gone for almost 30 years. Fortunately for us, though, Bob had a child that "slappa da bass" and has a pretty sensational music career as well, that IS going to collaborate with Escobar, not even for a song or two, but an entire album entitled Distant Relatives. I only hope that people can grasp just how legendary (bob marley reference intended) and revoluationary this album has the potential to be. Time shall tell.

NAS & DAMIAN "JR GONG" MARLEY DISTANT RELATIVES preview from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.

1 comment: