Sunday, June 28, 2009

L.A.S.E.R.S. manifesto (video)

A few weeks ago I posted the manifesto for Lupe's new album, which still has no release date. Here is the manifesto in video form. There is just nothing I can say using real English words that show my absolute adoration and respect I have for this man. On purely a musical level, his lyricism goes absolutely unmatched in the hip hop world. But philanthropically speaking, he has used his celebrity and fame to spread a positive message through his music, and to me, that is the greatest thing a celebrity or musician can do. I can only hope to touch a minute fraction of the people that he will.



The song in the background is his first single from the album "Shining Down" featuring Matthew Santos. It leaked awhile ago, but I'm not going to post the link as it doesn't officially get released until July 7. You can read this if you don't agree with my decision not to post.

EDIT: Upon relistening to the song I caught this quick little stanza that made my face melt with its brilliance.

so i say hello and this is for the third time
to everybody out there that ain't never heard mine
and if you have then you know you ain't never heard lyin
Lu don't move no cow-words, you only heard lions.

ILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment